Baby, it’s downright cold outside. With that in mind, this week’s edition of 10 ways to style is all about the cardigan, a staple of essential winter. Tie it around your waist to make a sweet bustier top, you are sure to find a new way to switch your cardigan in this playful collection of looks.
Oh, and you can feel free to position yourself … Lovefool by The Cardigans.
- East Coast Prepster: This look comes straight from Nantucket on a crisp autumn day. Keeps your shoulders warm and acts as an extra layer when you need them.
- Chic Hoodie: Just because you like rocking a hoodie does not mean you have to look like you rolled out of bed Layer a cardigan over a light hooded zip hood and you have a totally chic look.
- Be my Valentine: This one made us wish Valentine was even closer! Tuck that cardigan in a belt for a layered look that still shows your fab silhouette.
- Cashmere Cardigan: That’s true. We turned our cardigan in a vintage top with a look that reminds us of a sweetheart neckline. Put the jacket inside out and pull it down so that the neck is at the top of your chest.Tie the sleeves around the front and finished.
- Buttoned Mini: Now a skirt! This works really well with our cardigan because it has a V-neck that fits right around the waist. Attach handles around your waist and tuck sleeve excess in your newly made belt and you’re set.
- Dress Patriotic Party: We think Michelle Obama would approve it rather patriotic look. We just tied up our cardigan over a dress to give it a playful look while keeping things pretty formal for the cocktail hour.
- Hipster Librarian: Wait a minute, are not “hippie librarian” a kind of oxymoron at this point? Cardigans, the oxfords, knit hats? Love this look.
- Stripes Shrug +: If you wear a long summer dress, turning warm cardigan in a shrug. Just unbutton the vest, pull the sides around the back and pin up.
- Skirt It Up: Another skirt! For this one, we went high and nestled any size with a belt. Dig this bomber jacket.
- Cowl Cozy: And finally, rock your cardigan like a hood!
And if you’re lucky, you can get one of your colleagues ask charm with you too!
Such a perfect look for Valentine’s Day!
How do you rock a cardigan in an unusual way? Have other hacks clothes that we should know?Or all items you want to see decorated 10 ways? Tell us in the comments below.