You want to redo your wardrobe, and you said you think we should try to put colors? You’re right!
But most of us do not want to be no matter how colorful and become ridiculous, we know in fact that having style demand to know yourself, to have a skill, and daring.
The morphology allowed you to know what items would best for your silhouette. Now you need to combine colors to really have fun and create your style!
Choosing the Right Color Ranges
The key will allow you to use good color combinations is summed up in a single concept: harmony. Remember this password because it will be your guide in your search.
- When you ask yourself if the piece you are trying really matches your criteria and your figure, always ask yourself if the result will be harmonious.
- It is your purpose that defines the makeover process: it represents the balance to maintain, that we observe in nature. This means that the combination meets the rules.
- This balance will allow you to take the next step in the sophistication of your style, the colors are very communicative with others, they will affirm you in your approach and your personality.
Ok, how to create harmony?
With two principles fundamental:
- Some colors are opposed or assemble it comes to making the right combinations. Do not wear one color! Monochrome outfits are your enemy unless you aspire to a style mat tasteless.
- Light and materials play a part in the final composition of the outfit.
It is from these principles that will determine good choice of color ranges, winning associations. It is best to start with what is easier to combine, then add more authentic and strong colors. You have a trend to follow.
In your buying opinion, what are the basic colors to acquire? Ideas?
Gray, Blue and Brown
If you said the black and/or white, slap you (gently). It’s time you learned the secret of both “color” and why you should use them with a clear idea:
Take a moment to take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. Stop your playlist. And repeat with me these two sentences:
- Black is the absence of light reflected by an object, white is the sum of all the lights of all colors.
- White and black in their first sense are not colors.
Mark this day with a white stone, for you are now free to dress dictatorship bringing these false color at the top!
Their real role is to play on the light of your outfit. Gray and black fade while the colors go sublimate the cut and style. White is used to illuminate your ensemble.
Imagine a switch with the white “ON” increases the intensity and the black “OFF” to reduce and restrain a strong and colorful style. It’s that simple to start.
Attention has never been said that black and white are banned. It is especially important that you know what advantages they confer in the beginnings of your makeover. Mitigate with black, white and benefit primarily to give you light, especially with shirts or T-shirts.
What Are the Next Color to Associate?
Once you you will be equipped with new parts to the basic colors, the range of possibilities will open gradually, and your palette will grow:
- Make introduce burgundy and green, to give you more presence.
- Also discover pastel colors: pink, sky blue, taupe, metal and sand.
The following colors are part of a good knowledge of associations. It is advisable to address the two previous ranges before attempting this, because it is the bright colors so strong elements:
sparkling red, intense orange, electric blue, sparkly yellow, green apple, purple, and others.
You now have a wide variety of ranges to work for your new outfits. However knowing the right lines is not enough to combine well. You know, to create a style is a practice.And in any practice, it was technical.
Here are three to try out each of the ranges, from the simplest to the most complex.
Technique 1: Reproduce the Contrast Skin/Hair
Have shades and a light game that you own. Each choice of a room will always start from your body. In case you influence your style with colors, thanks to the contrast between your skin and your hair that you will manage to combine different ranges.
Options vary according to each condition of us, and this rather creative technique is affordable suite with basic colors (gray, blue and brown).
- For those who have fair skin and light hair: you have little contrast, as the challenge will be to combine pastel colors with a strong element as an asset room, one bright color, high-end materials or local accessories. Know cultivate this balance between a significant part and a soft colors together.
- Light skin and dark hair: the contrast this time is quite high and can be replicated in your outfit. Play with oppositions including beige and blue, gray and burgundy … your color choice is particularly extensive. Enjoy! If you need glasses and black hair, go for a brown rimmed scales.
- Dark skin and light hair: the contrast is also strong in your case, you reproduce it with bright colors such as the blue sky and in a warmer register, orange, yellow and red. For glasses take a darker pair, and then attempt a mount in transparent colors, always in contrast with your hair.
- Dark skin, dark hair: basic configuration in Italian, Spanish and French, the color is essential, also do not take glasses with dark frames: you have little contrast, your stake will be to add by daring combinations. The Milanese are masters in the concept of style and are good models to emulate in your combinations.
- Dark skin, dark hair: the bright colors are recommended! True share of culture in African countries, use a strong color will allow you to create the contrast that you lack. Do not dress in black, except to alleviate your outfit if it is very significant.
If you like a certain sobriety, opt for a brown jacket, beige or taupe with a touch of green, red or orange.
Create contrast is also possible by combining maximum of 3 colors vivid, or to go even further, the process of “color block”: this is a trend that combines the clothes and accessories of bright and varied colors to form a color block and is particularly effective in aesthetics.
Technique 2: Use the Color Camaieu
This technique is notable for creating a true harmony of colors! It is based on a good use of the color wheel.
What the Cameo?
Cameo refers to a painting whose main design is one chosen color contrast on an opposite background color, imitating cameos.
It is easy to understand how it works to select its color, either in look, design or drawing. You need to visualize that this famous circle and adapt.
How to use it?
Choose several associated units side by side and do you base that on these differences in composition of your outfit. You have complete freedom in the choice of color gradients, as long as you stay in a close range.
Here, the t-shirt, jacket and accessories are in blue shades tending to green. The white pants refers to the first technique, giving the brightness and contrast.
The advantage of the cameo is just that you have the ability to create strong contrasts always respecting the same color tone.
As you can see, feel free to use accessories such as gloves, scarves, stoles, belts, to strengthen the cameo.
To Go Further: Complementary Colors
We enter into more subtle!
Primary and complementary colors differ in their use. In the case of look, the most accurate definition is that which approaches to the practice of painting: a complementary color is a color that is not used in the creation of another color, primary or secondary. More simply, the opposite colors on the color wheel are complementary.
The advantage of this technique is to take a color as a starting point and make associations with complementary colors.
The most popular combinations are red and green, yellow and blue, but you can combine the blue with pink or orange, purple with light green …
In short, experiment!
Technique 3: Let Speak the Materials and Motifs
This technique corresponds to a higher level is that a new palette is available to you, that of materials. You can affect the color of your garment significantly!
The color is fixed on a tissue and this tissue takes light. When you choose a color piece, rendering will be much different if you compare cotton and linen, leather and silk, velvet and cashmere …
Each garment should be selected with three essential criteria: cut, its color and its contents. It is through this aspect and grounds you will find an inexhaustible source of inspiration and experience.
The patterns are precisely the difficulty articulating this technique. Manage lines of various printed and volume that they provide, such is the challenge of those who attempt to associate.
Here is a complete example: brown plant fiber, green tweed, black silk and poplin shirt with plaid brown, purple and white.
Note: to go further in the art to combine the colors of your clothes, we have prepared a free fact sheet with an exclusive technical 4th!
What You Must Remember:
Some important information about techniques:
- They are not frozen processes, on the contrary! Quite improved, it is to point you in the right direction during your beginnings. Once you have gained experience and confidence, it will be up to you to shape it to your level. Several techniques can also be employed at a time. You are independent consumer!
- Each technique depends on the concept of color harmony. So you have to be careful and both bold in your choices. First start small, with basic colors, then orient yourself more pronounced lines and strong.
You now have many ways to a high ideal style colors. Master them and gradually you cross a large landing!