The water temperature has dropped to below 8 degrees in the Dutch inland waterways and for most anglers season is over. Many carp anglers choose in the cold months of the year of transition for pike fishing. This is often the standard used, with adjustment of the bottom line, of course. The leader or the rig will now be replaced by a piece of Kevlar or steel into the teeth of Pike no chance.
When the water temperature drops below 8 degrees, there will be a thing underwater. A fish is a cold-blooded animal, which means Pike at colder temperatures will move more and more slowly. This allows the fish to save so much energy to get through the winter. Dead bait is due to this ideal, it remains on the site. The Pike has to make so little effort has yet to get his food, which he brings back energy.
Ways of fishing:
There are several ways to present the carcass of the predator. These are the most common ways:
- Under a bobber. There are special floating on the market with a weight of 10 to 60 grams of fish with fish as bait. This is often a good option for standing water if it is not too much wind. It is also advisable to provide the fish about half a meter of soil.
- With a master system at the bottom of the water. This is how anglers typically fish, but with a fish as bait. This is often a good idea if there is a lot of wind or when fishing in flowing water.
- With a sail float. A sail float is as the name suggests a kind of sailing on the antenna of the float, which catches the wind. By using the wind your Evidence a much larger surface area. The downside to this is that the depth of the water varies, so you are always offered at a different depth of the bait fish.
What do you need equipment?
Because not everyone has a big budget, for most people it is a carp rod with a curve 2, 5 m pounds is enough. You need to shed some weight, so do not fill light pole. It is also a main line-30/100. Nylon is recommended, most people also use 35/100. If a grapnel hook was used generally, so that the fishing bait is attached by Alltimefishing.com with two hooks.
Don’t forget steel or kevlar rig, because the teeth on a Pike has no problems getting broken nylon.Take especially not a thin line below Pike has more power than you think! Of course, it is a shame to let a big push and it’s not nice for the fish to continue swimming around with a hook in its mouth.
What sites are you looking for?
Almost everywhere where the water is deeper than one meter swim Pike. Because the Netherlands is rich with long, straight water find a seat sometimes very difficult. Always look for a break in the water, like a Pincushion, a diver, a bridge or an overhanging tree. Pike are masters of camouflage and use a surprise attack to outsmart their prey. If the water is really cold, looking deep in places, this water is often somewhat warmer than in the upper water layers.
What are the potential catch?
With deadbaits on the side of Pike, also capture these other fish:
- Zander. This fish is winter hard to catch, but it’s certainly not impossible. For walleye is a tall, slender baitfish is the best option.
- Baars. A big perch certainly has no problem outsmarting a bait fish. Bass is very nice and bright fish, which can certainly make a good match.
- Catfish. A catfish eat whatever comes to his mouth so that your bait can be captured by a catfish.Catfish is the largest fish in the Dutch waters, he can reach a length of 4 metres. Catfish are becoming more common in the Netherlands, especially in the large rivers. Catfish are increasingly on lakes and ponds are caught.
Try with a dead mackerel, sardines and Roach or major Pike from your water will follow on the mat!
Winter Carp Fishing Tips
Fly Fishing Colorado in Winter
28 Bass Fishing Tips
5 winter bass fishing techniques for red hot action on the …
Seven Winter Catfishing Tips To Catch More Catfish
Montana Trout Wranglers
Fly-Fishing Tips for Winter Smallmouth Bass
Winter Fishing Tips for Bass – BEST Winter Baits – Fishingo
Ice Fishing Tips and Techniques – AGreekAdventure World …
Top Posts of 2013, #7: Tom Rosenbauer’s 7 Top Winter Fly …
Winter Trout Fishing Tips
Winter Steelhead Fishing Tips
FlukeMaster – Winter Bass Fishing
Winter River Catfishing Tips
Best 25+ Ice fishing tips ideas on Pinterest
Salmon Fishing Tips: How to Catch Salmon
244 best Bass Fishing Tips images on Pinterest
Winter carp tips
Winter Delta Fishing Tips
5 Tips for Beating Out the Winter Cold on the Water