Oakley Sunglasses Iridium coated lenses to reduce the Sun’s glare and provide contrast. Oakley owners must be careful in handling their sunglasses to avoid scratching the delicate Iridium coating, which is registered to Oakley. However, if you scratch your lenses, you can remove the scratches safely without causing further damage. Avoid using cleansers with Oakley lenses to prevent warping Iridium coating and making the problem worse. Repair scratches on your Oakley lenses to avoid lens replacement.
- Wet your sunglasses before cleaning.Never clean Oakley glasses lenses while dry because you could scratch the delicate Iridium coating.
- Use mild soap and water with a soft towel to buff the scratch in a circular motion.
- Buff stubborn scratches with a mild toothpaste and cotton ball.Gently rub the scratch in a circular motion for 10 seconds and then rinse with water.Repeat this method if the repo is still after 10 seconds until you completely remove the scratch.
- Make a baking soda paste with equal parts of water and baking soda, and apply the paste to the lenses with a soft cloth.Rub the paste into the scratch in a circular motion for a few seconds and rinse the lenses.Repeat this process if scratch remains until it is completely removed.
- Rinse the sunglasses when you completely remove scratch and blot dry your glasses with the Microclear with purchase Oakley sunglasses.