Saving energy is not only good for the environment, but also for the wallet. In this article you will find many tips for saving energy easy, sorted by the various rooms.
Saving energy in the kitchen
In the kitchen, you can save energy by ensuring that all devices are set correctly. Alternatively, you can save a lot of energy during cooking.
- Make sure that the equipment never stand still, they use namely energy. Turn the equipment so completely.
- If possible, turn off the devices in the eco mode.
- If you use a dishwasher, make sure that is always full. If you do twice a half dishes, although that cost twice as much energy.
- Do you remember when buying a dishwasher is always the amount of dishes that you will stop it. A small households only need a small dishwasher, large increase in households.
- When you buy a dishwasher is always on the energy label. An efficient dishwasher is perhaps a little more expensive to buy, but in the end it paid off in saving water and heat.
- Do not waste food. If you go to the store, check what you always have. Throw out food contributes to CO2 emissions.
- Never put your freezer or refrigerator next to a heat source, and make sure that he is not in the sun.
- Make sure the freezer and the refrigerator is properly adjusted. If they are set too cold, use this extra energy.
- Make sure that the air behind the freezer and refrigerator to circulate.
- Make sure that when you buy a freezer or refrigerator, and a dishwasher before, you buy a single economic unit.
- Cooking lots of food simultaneously. Leftovers can freeze as “ready” food. This way you can save a lot of energy.
- Use as a microwave oven, it is possible to heat the food. This is generally more effective than using, for example utensils.
- Keep the remains of food and they eat the next day.
- Let food cool before putting it in the fridge or freezer.
- Try as much as possible to keep the lid on the pan. As a result, it remains inside the boiler hotter, and therefore less energy is required to heat the boiler.
- Eating late at night icing, for use in a microwave plate.
- Never use large pots, it is, in fact, require more energy to heat up.
Saving energy in the bedroom
In the bedroom, especially at night to save energy. When you warm under the covers, actually it is not necessary that the heat is still on.
- Bring some extra blankets along the bed. If you do it at night is cold, you can take an extra blanket instead of putting up the heat.
- Put in the winter, just before going to sleep, heating. The room is still nice and warm when you dress, but if you are asleep when he no longer is unnecessary.
- Do not leave your cell phone or MP3 player charging all night. Usually, only a few hours.
- Make sure you are in bed all the lights in the house.
- Use a hot water bottle to keep your bed warm at night.
- Close drapes well before bedtime. As a result there is less heat escaping to the outside.
Saving energy in the living room
In the living room, you can save a lot of energy using devices. In addition, the living room is often larger than other rooms, so smart with heating to go can also save a lot of energy.
- Keep the curtains closed. As a result there is less heat can escape to the outside.
- Make sure appliances are not used completely stand out. Pull the plug if necessary.
- Turn only slightly if necessary.
- Keep the doors closed between the rooms.
- If it gets colder, not turning up the heat, but allows an extra layer of clothing.
- Invest in energy saving light bulbs.
- When you go on vacation, make sure all appliances, heating, etc. are turned off.
- Adjust the brightness of the TV correctly. The brighter your screen, the more energy used.
Save energy while washing
A washer and dryer to use much energy, it is important to use them as little as possible.
- Try as many clothes to dry on a clothesline. This will dry the clothes too, and it takes no energy at all.
- When you buy a washing machine is always on the energy label.
- Set the washer/dryer is always good at this, you avoid unnecessary energy consumption.
- Ensure that the dust filter of a drier always be clean, therefore using less energy.
- Always make sure the washer/dryer is full.
- Keep the washer/dryer right.
Weekly info-graphics: Tips to Save Energy at Home
Be energy smart
Join the team. Be an energy champion. > FortisBC
Save Energy Around the Home. Here are some ways that you …
Responsible Tourism Toolkit – Part 1 Energy Saving Tips …
Infographic: How to Save Energy in Your Home
10 daily actions you can do to help the environment
Managing your energy costs
31 Ways to Save Energy in Your Home
Save energy at home
Five Easy Ways to Save Energy at Home
Tips for Saving Energy & Money Around Your Home
Tips on How to Save Energy at Home
How to save money and electricity at home and offices …
How to save energy bills at home
Average annual electricity usage per household
3 Ways to Save Electricity at Home
Energy bills: How to save money at home