Jide is a name becoming known within the Android scene. Is a small Chinese company founded by former Google employees, whose highlight is Remix OS: a customized version of Android optimized for use on desktop systems, devoted to productivity and interaction with classical control devices such as keyboard and trackpad/mouse. In addition to the operating system, Jide also produces hardware: is available for some time on Remix Tablets, a kind of Microsoft Surface of Android world, a tablet with cover that acts as a keyboard/dock/trackpad.
A few days ago also presented a new device, a miniPC Android compact and super-cheap; We talked about it here | Jide presents its new Remix Mini, mini PC Android at $ 20 , but the technical details were accurate. Today things change; Let’s start by telling you that there will be two versions, one for $ 20 and a $ 40, that will differ mainly for internal storage capacity and RAM. Here are all the details:
- Allwinner CPU quad-core Cortex A-53 with operating frequency of 1.2 GHz, compatible 64-bit;
- Mali GPU 400
- 1 GB ($ 20) or 2 GB ($ 40) of RAM
- 8 GB ($ 20) or 16 GB ($ 40) internal storage, expandable with microSD (max 128 GB)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Two USB ports, Ethernet LAN (no gigabit), stereo jack, IR receiver
- Dimensions: 26 x 124 x 88 mm
- Android OS 5.0 custom interface Lollipop Remix version 2.0
In addition, Jide announced that the device will be compatible with a large number of USB devices, without going into further details. The Kickstarter campaign for this product should begin shortly.