OnePlus 2 is finally official. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since the launch of the first OnePlus One; by total stranger, Carl Pei has become one of the most interesting names and talked-about the last year, gaining much in virtually every aspect and reaching important milestones in terms of sales. The result of this year’s growth is the new top of the range, the new proposal 2 OnePlus which looks bigger than its predecessor in every aspect, starting with size and weight. The new OnePlus 2 does not want to compete in the race to the smartphone market’s slimmest and lightest, presenting himself as a solid unibody block size of 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm and 175 g of weight, built with a frame of an alloy of aluminium and magnesium, stainless steel inserts and back cover black polycarbonate Style Swap replaceable with different plates made of different materials including wood, bamboo and kevlar.
Oneplus 2 also provides us with quite different lines than its predecessor, which keeps the square shape but that adds many new hardware items. We start therefore from the unedited Central soft touch key, seat of the new fingerprint can unlock the Terminal in less than half a second by using one of the 5 prints. The home button is then flanked by two soft touch keys intentionally not identified by an icon, having regard to possibilities offered by the software you can map at will. New products are still on the left side of the smartphone which gives us the new Alert Slider, a slider can be set in 3 different positions that lets you change the notification settings, allowing you to choose whether to disable them all, allowing only those priorities, or all. On the right side of OnePlus 2 allows us to access the on/off/lock button and the volume rocker, while to find another innovation we have to move at the bottom of the Terminal, enriched by the presence of a port USB Type C reversible and the dedicated to the main speaker and microphone. An interesting curiosity about the USB charging cable Type C offered in packaging: thanks to a special patent, the cable is reversible even at the bottom Type in going to fit in the included power supply.
To finish this discussion of aesthetics, the back of the highly anticipated OnePlus 2 also presents news, starting with the new photographic form from 13 MegaPixel camera with a f/2.0 lens and 6 pixels 1.3 µ n can offer great shots in low ambient light conditions. You’ll also find the OIS optical image stabilizer, dual led flash and focusing laser sensor able to ensure the focus in just 0.3 seconds without touching the screen. The photographic industry is enriched by the possibility of filming in resolution 4 k UltraHD, shots in RAW format (will be enabled with a future update), HDR mode, Slow Motion to 120fps at 720 p and Time Lapse.The front end, instead is a 5 MegaPixel camera with Distortion Free technology.
If OnePlus 2, until now, has given us numbers and superior functionality in every way than its predecessor, the display is the only thing to be unchanged, at least in appearance. We find a unit that has the same size of 5.5“and resolution FullHD 1080 p from 401ppi, equipped withIn-Cell IPS technology that guarantees an excellent viewing angle up to 178° and a maximum brightness that, according to OnePlus, is around 600 nitsrecord value. Passing instead below the display is the new heart of OnePlus 2 — the much-discussed, loved, hated SoC Octa Core Snapdragon 810 in 64 bit, present here in version 2.1 with clock set to 1.8 GHz with regard to core Cortex-A57 and GPU Adreno 430 clocked at 650MHz.
Remember that although it is specified that they are of version 2.1, any discrepancy with the other units of Snapdragon 810 resides only at the kernel level, however, with the clock of 200 MHz lower than the CAP, could be the solution to notice heat problems that afflict this SoC, although this will assess him in testing. We also have well 4 GB of memory RAM 1333MHz LPDDR4 standard, along with an internal memory from 64 gigs eMMC 5.0 not expandable which should guarantee space and sufficient performance for any kind of user.
Of course nothing is missing also concerning connectivity, thanks to the Bluetooth version 4.1, WiFi Dual Band ac, GPS and GLONASS, digital compass and connectivity 4 g LTE Dual Sim Dual Standby guaranteed by the presence of the double slot two Nano SIM. Concludes the hardware equipment 3300 mAhbattery for well, with greater capacity than its predecessor and that it should be able to guarantee at least a whole day of use, but this will be confirmed during testing.
But not only worked on renewal OnePlus hardware of its 2, but also undertook OnePlus regarding software. Closed chapter CyanogenMod, the new top of the range of the company of Carl Pei presents us with a revamped version of its operating system OxygenOS based onAndroid 5.1 Lollipop. The premise underlying are those delivering a very lightweight and intuitive user experience, similar to stock Android without having to give up a number of customizations and little touches that may be convenient in everyday life. Let’s start then due to the possibility of invoking the notifications Panel with a single swipe down from anywhere on the homescreen, the ability to change the mapping of keys and activate those screen, create custom color schemes dedicated to notifications, install alternative icon pack directly without the aid of other instruments, the presence of a Dark mode that allows you to change the theme of your device , the ability to act on the permissions of the app and the presence of a powerful file manager that features Picture Viewer and Zip Manager.
The new software does not end here, we find preinstalled a powerful AudioTuner MaxxAudiotechnology that allows you to set different audio profiles depending on whether you’re watching a video, listening to music or playing. One of the peculiarities of AudioTuner lies in the possibility to modify these values without leaving the application you are using: you may modify the audio from a YouTube video without leaving the movie. OxygenOS also introduces a new feature in beta called Shelf.
With Shelf can be accessed with a swipe from right in the home screen, in a space dedicated staff that includes two widgets dedicated contacts, and applications you use most. The function is completely optional and can be turned on and off at will. With Oxygen OS you can take advantage of the gesture to screen off; simply trace the default gesture to launch the camera directly, activate the flashlight, pause a song or go to the previous or next. Finally we find the ability to change the settings for the notification led by choosing colors that most prefer for different actions to notify and report that the keyboard of the new series 2 is the now famous OnePlus SwiftKey.
We come then to price and availability. Oneplus 2 will be available for purchase in most markets, including Italy, starting next August 11 at the price of 399 Euros. You can buy, then, a cheaper version of the new top-end Chinese, equipped with 16 GB of internal memory and 3 GB of RAM LPDDR4 in 339 Euros, however this variant will not be available at launch. The system is still valid by invitation, so that we can meet the demand of OnePlus 2 properly, which will be available through the classic methods: by registering on the official website of the manufacturer, through social platforms, through contests and through a friend who has previously purchased OnePlus 2.
We leave you a rich Gallery which includes detailed information about every aspect of OnePlus 2 and that you can see below; after it you will find the table with the full specifications of the Terminal:
Data source: http://www.computerdo.com/2016/flower-usb-hubs/
OnePlus 2 specifications:
- Color: Sandstone Black
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm
- Weight: 6.17 ounces (175 g)
- OS: OxygenOS based on Android 5.1
- CPU & GPU: 64-bit processor with 1.8 GHz Qualcomm © SnapdragonTM 810 Octa-core CPUs Adreno 430, 650MHz
- RAM: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR4, LP
- Storage: 64 GB eMMC v 5.0, available capacity varies
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity and Ambient Light
- Battery: rechargeable 3300 mAh LiPo battery Embedded
- (US) Head: 0795 W/kg, Body: 1,447 W/kg
- (EU/SEA) Head: 0428 W/kg, Body: 0205 W/kg
- (India) Head: 0729 W/kg, Body: 0329 W/kg
- GSM: 850 900 1800 1900 MHz,,,
- WCDMA (EU/India): 1/8 2/5/Bands:
- WCDMA (US): 1/2/4/Bands: 5/8
- FDD-LTE (EU/India): 1/3/5/8/7/20 Bands:
- FDD-LTE (US): 1/2/4/Bands: 5/7/12/8/17
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz a/b/g/n n/ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1
- Positioning: Internal antenna GPS + GLONASS, Digital Compass
- Ports: Data & Charging: USB Type-C
- Audio: 3.5 mm Jack Buttons: Power Button
- Volume Rockers
- Alert Slider
- Capacitive/on-screen buttons
- SIM: 2 slots-Nano SIM (Dual SIM, Dual Standby)
- Indicators: 1 LED notification light (multicolored)
- Display: Size: 5.5 inch JDI
- Resolution: 1080 p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI Type: LCD In-cell
- Protection: Corning © Gorilla © Glass
- Rear Camera: 5 Megapixels-Distortion free
- Front Camera: Sensor: 13 Megapixels (1.3 um)-Lenses: 6 lenses to avoid distortion and color aberration-OIS-Laser Focus
- Dual-LED flash:-Aperture: f/2.0
- Video: 4 k resolution video, Slow Motion: 720 p video at 120fps
- Speaker: Bottom-facing speaker
- Microphones: Dual-microphone with noise cancellation
- Audio supported formats: Playback: MP3, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA (v9 and v10), AMR-NB, AMR-WB, EVRC, QCELP, WAV, FLV, SWF, APE, FLAC, WAV, OGG-Recording: AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCELP EVRC,
- Video supported formats: Playback: HEVC (h. 265), h. 264, VC-1, MPEG-4, DivX, MPEG-2, h. 264, XCid, VP8, MP4, MOV, 3GP, AVI, MKV, RM, RMVB, ASF, WMV, WMA-Recording: HEVC (h. 265), h. 264, MPEG-4, H. 263, VP8 Playback: JPEG, PNG, BMP
- Image supported formats: Output: JPEG
- IN THE BOX
- 1 x OnePlus 2
- 1 x USB Type-C Cable
- 1 x OnePlus 2 USB Power Adapter