Plastic Bottles of water reuse protect the environment and save money, but may present a health hazard if the cylinders harbor bacteria or plastics begin to decompose. Many people like drinking ice water from a bottle for convenience, but it is important to know how to reuse safe water bottles.
- Buy a bottle of water intended for reuse, rather than simply using an empty water bottle for single use.Think of stainless steel bottles so expensive at first, as an investment.Stainless steel water bottles can be reused safely indefinitely when cared for properly. Other options include dense plastic bottles with large covers can be cleaned efficiently. Look at sports stores and online at Isabella catalog.
- In a pinch, reuse a single-use container once or twice, but never in the long term.Some researchers, including a graduate student at the University of Idaho who did a study on the subject found that repeated use, toxic chemicals can leach from thin plastic bottles their content.
- Wash your water bottle with hot water and soap, rub hands to remove any bacteria, once a day.Ideally, let it dry before refilling.Most bacteria can not live on a clean, dry surface.
- Wash hands before filling your water bottle or touching the lid or spout.
- Store reviews of water bottles in the fridge whenever possible to slow or prevent the growth of bacteria. Read reviews on http://www.shoppingpicks.net/elite-corsa-water-bottle-review-77/.
- Once a week, disinfect the water bottle by rinsing with 1 c.bleach in 4 cups of water.Rinse again with clear water and dry to reuse safe water bottle.