There are different types of light bulbs: incandescent bulb, the energy saving light bulb , LED light bulb and neon .
Introducing the LED bulb
LED bulbs (for Light Emetting Diode) or light emitting diodes are electronic components that emit light when traversed by an electric current.
They are historically used in traffic lights.
There are also household lamps, made of white LEDs dozens.
LED Bulb Types
LED bulbs are found in many different forms:
- LEDs are grouped into a plastic bulb;
- no risk of breakage;
- does not heat therefore does not present a risk of burns.
- Led are grouped in a tube similar to a neon ;
- can replace your classic neon tube with an LED by changing the electronic ballast installation.
- in spot: identical to traditional spotlights;
- equipped with an adapter for your catch;
- easy to install: adhesive side.
- etc., the possibilities are endless!
Benefits of LED bulbs
According to Hetongdiy, the energy saving LED bulb has undeniable strengths:
- low consumption: around 2 W;
- duration of greater than 5000 hours life;
- luminous efficiency 20 times greater than that of a light bulb vector filament.
In addition, the LED bulb allows every whim with a wide range of colors.
Disadvantages of these bulbs
The LED bulb still has disadvantages to ponder before buying:
- The lighting offered by LED will be of lower quality than energy-saving bulbs.
- Its cost is much higher than that of a low-energy bulb.
Please note: LED bulbs emit highly dosed in blue light, and with a very high luminance (glare). It is recommended for indoor lighting, limit the perceived light levels and not to use LED bulbs in rooms frequented by children.